GLSRP Awarded Booth at “Because I said I would | ONE ” conference
September 6, 2014 in Columbus, Ohio.
- Tracks the Great Lakes drowning statistics
- Teaches “Great Lakes Water Safety” classes
- Is the “Third Coast Ocean Force” rip Current Awareness Campaign
- Hosts Surf Lifeguard Certification courses, and
- Works with family and friends of Great Lakes drowning victims to promote water safety.
If you must know only one thing about water safety, know what drowning looks like. Know it to spot someone in trouble or for you to recognize that you, yourself, are drowning.
Once you understand what drowning looks like, know how to survive when you get in water over your head. Know how to float. Know that anything that floats may save a life.