The Great Lakes Surf Rescue Project, Inc. (GLSRP) is a nonprofit 501c3 corporation that is about saving lives!
- Tracks the Great Lakes drowning statistics (1,050+ drownings since 2010)
- Performs “Great Lakes Water Safety” presentations and trainings (Over 900+ in 7 of the 8 Great Lakes states since 2011)
- Works with family and friends of Great Lakes drowning victims to advocate water safety.
- Performs In-service Training for Open Water Surf Lifeguards and First Responders
- Leads the Great Lakes Water Safety Public Relations and Media Relations Campaigns
- Leads many Great Lakes Water Safety “Special Projects”, which often span multiple years
Mission: To eradicate drownings by being the leader of Great Lakes water safety by providing training, public preparedness, and public awareness..
Vision: Everyone in the Great Lakes region, nationwide and worldwide, is knowledgeable, engaged and proactive in water safety with an emphasis on the Great Lakes region.