Attend a GLSRP Public “Water Safety Surf Rescue” class or schedule a Private Group class. Call Dave Benjamin, 708-903-0166, for details.
SAFETY TIPS – What everyone should know before they put their toes on the beach:
- When in doubt, don’t go out!
- Know Drownings “I didn’t know…”
- Know the 1-10-1 Rule of Hypothermia (especially in fall, winter, and spring)
- Know the Signs of Drowning
- Know the “Flip, Float, and Follow” Drowning Survival Strategy
- GLSRP Water Safety Illustrations
- Know the Great Lakes Dangerous Currents
- Always designate a Water Watcher
- A case for Lifeguards on the Great Lakes – The Cost of Life versus the Cost of Lifeguards
- Know the Stigma of Drowning
- Know the Vicious Cycle of the Drowning Epidemic
- Drowning Terms to Discontinue
- GLSRP Drowning Statistics